WIRECO AUSTRALIA - ABN 27 126 638 980
WireCo Australia recognises and values the protection of your personal information. WireCo Australia also recognises our customers’ concerns about the collection of their personal information and how WireCo Australia will use that information. This Privacy Statement is governed by the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
In this Privacy Statement, the terms “you” and “your” means you the customer; and the terms “we”, “us” and “our” means WireCo Australia (LEA).
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM OUR CUSTOMERS?
When becoming a registered member of the WireCo Australia website (Website) you may be asked to supply personal information such as your:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
We may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek information from you from time to time. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of service offered to you and the manner in which those services are offered.
2. PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION
Every time you use the Website, information is collected by our service. Types of information collected include:
- The date and time of your visit to our website and online software;
- Your IP address;
- The address of the documents you access;
- The type of browser and operating system you are using;
- Any address of a recurring site and any website you are about to visit; and
- The information you submit regarding payment particulars, including credit card details which are captured by our online software and database.
The information that will be collected provides us with details about how the Website will be used including the frequency and duration of visits, and which web pages you have accessed on the Website.
We will not collect any personal information which may reveal racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual activity or sexual orientation.
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA THE WEBSITE AND ONLINE SOFTWARE
2.2 YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
We may provide you with a username and password to access our online store. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password at all times.
2.3 YOUR OPTION NOT TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may run competitions or offer added benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Giving this information to us is absolutely optional, however if you do not provide it we may not be able to contact you or give you access to those benefits. Whenever it is optional for you to provide information, we will make this clear to you. Members have the right to opt out of these additional communications and can do so by requesting this in writing to us.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your personal information, including your e-mail address, will be used for two primary purposes:
- to ensure the proper function of the Website and online software
- for our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
We will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of personal information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of the our online software in relation to the member in question (for example, to confirm membership and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, to seek the member’s views on the operation of our online software in order to improve member service, to ensure the integrity of the online software and database by participating third parties contracted to us, to communicate promotional offers and special events
- where personal member information is to be used by a participating third party contracted to us for marketing, planning, product development or research and the participating third party is bound by a confidentiality agreement with us
Your personal information may also be used or disclosed if:
- we are required or authorised by law or if it is reasonably necessary to enforce the law
- the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim
- there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health
- you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose or reveal, share or pass the information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential subject to any statute or scheme and to all relevant privacy legislation and regulations in the relevant country outside Australia regarding the handling of personal information.
4. SENDING INFORMATION OVERSEAS
You consent to us disclosing your personal information to other third parties contracted to us located outside of Australia. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such recipients respect the confidentiality of this information by abiding by equivalent privacy laws and regulations required in the relevant country located outside Australia.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected from you that we use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment accessed only by our authorised personnel.
Please keep in mind that no information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will endeavour to protect your personal information, however we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online software. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will use our reasonable efforts to ensure its security.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website. This Website may contain links to other web sites on the Internet. Please be aware that we are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices of such other web sites.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. You access destination links at your own risk. Because we want to provide you with the best service possible, we would appreciate your comments about any external links at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING SERVICES
We may utilise certain third-party advertising services (e.g. organizations such as FastClick or Google) to display advertising for our advertisers. These third-party services may place a cookie on your computer for the purposes of ad tracking and presentation. We do not share personally identifiable visitor information with its advertising services.
8. UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THE WIRECO EMAIL DATABASE
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" typed into the body of the e-mail.
9. HOW CAN I ACCESS, CORRECT OR UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
If you wish to modify personal information that you have provided to us, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us by telephoning 1300 947 326 or send any questions or queries via our email email@example.com. We reserve the right to modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time.
11. SECURE INFORMATION & RECORDS
WireCo Australia is committed to compliance with the Privacy Act 1988. These laws protect the privacy of personal information that we hold on our customers. More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
What information does WireCo Australia collect? Information received from customers is solely used for establishing and maintaining our products and services to you and will not be made available to outside sources.
Is personal information stored safely? WireCo Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held, from such risks as loss or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. All IT systems are password protected and if personal information is held on paper files, access is restricted to WireCo Australia staff with the appropriate security clearances. Only authorized staff are permitted to access customer files.
Ph: 1300 947 326